Retire Fit, Fit & Fit
Become Financially, Physically and Emotionally Fit
- Are you completely fit to retire?
- Have you created a plan for your retirement in 5, 10, or 20 years?
- Have you considered any retirement plans beyond the financial side?
If you answered “no” or “maybe” to any of these, consider reading Retire Fit, Fit & Fit to guide your actions today. Without three fitnesses, your retirement may not be everything you might hope for.
Fit For Retirement = Being Fit in Three Critical Areas
Can you pay your bills?
- When will you die?
- How much money will you need from the day you retire until you die?
- How will you reach that financial goal?
Can you physically do what you’re planning to do?
- Do you hope to play tennis, golf or hockey?
- Do you hope to just wander through museums and art galleries?
- Do you hope to travel or actively engage with your family?
Can you emotionally handle an extra 40+ hours a week of free time?
- How will you define yourself once you are no longer a manager, a doctor, a chef, etc.?
- Do you have a circle of friends and acquaintances outside your work?
- Will you have a “purpose” to give you energy and direction to start each day?
Who should read this book
- You recognize retirement is in your future. Maybe you’re in your 40s or 50s with retirement 10 or 15 years away. Think how quickly the past 10 years have disappeared. Retirement is closer than you think.
- You are on the threshold of retirement. You see the date in your mind, perhaps you’ve marked it on your calendar just a few years from now. You might be in your 50s or 60s yet you’re not sure if you’re ready.
- Your retirement is still a long way away. By starting the process early, young adults can more readily plan and get fit early, and be in prime readiness for retirement.
Why I wrote this book
Having read many retirement self-help books in the run up to my own recent retirement I felt there was a need to net it all out and bring it all together in one place and to eliminate what I considered dross. There were too many books that feel like they were written by an expert writing a book using their technical knowledge but not their first-hand experiential knowledge. In addition, so many books concentrate only on financial fitness and completely ignore physical and emotional fitness. So I decided to put it all together in one volume, only the good stuff, only the stuff you need to prepare yourself. This book contains my thoughts on retirement based on my own experience.
What People Are Saying
Retire Fit, Fit & Fit by Howard Pell goes well beyond financial advice to help you avoid all those apocryphal stories of retirements gone bad. Emotional and physical fitness, as well as financial fitness, are key to enjoying life after work. Don’t wait until retirement is imminent before you pick up this book and start planning!Charlene Zietsma
A must read for anybody who is thinking about retirement. A true guide for the finance professionals dealing with clients to better understand the emotional aspects of clients transitioning to retirementAndré Kent
Well said Howard! Thank you for being one of the few authors to make the Fit Fit Fit connection! A very easy read with an important message. Keep your fitness a priority and you will enjoy a rich and rewarding retirement.Missy Gore
Retirement fitnesses at their best! Exactly the right focus at the right time!Louise Gardiner
You know that retirement is coming. It isn’t as though it just shows up one day and takes you by surprise, so you need to get ready for it; and Fit, Fit & Fit is the book to help you.Anne Wilbee
It’s about so much more than just having the money to retire. This book helps guide you through the important steps to get you thereLinda J. Gallivan
While there are lots of books out there offering pre-retirement financial advice, I found that this book offers a more holistic view of all of the factors which need to be considered. You can have lots of money and still have a miserable retirement if your planning exercise is too narrowly constructed.Maureen Nummelin
There are diet books, financial books , or exercise books but Howard Pell will get you fit, fit, fit for retirementMarilyn Book